Actions Work Better Than Thoughts.
You’ve heard the expression “Actions speak louder than words.”
Healthy actions also have more impact than healthy thoughts. Healthy thoughts and ideas are critical, but if they are not acted on, they never live up to their potential.
If you want to be healthy, you have to ACT like a healthy person. What do healthy people do? Here is a list of things healthy people do. Incorporate 3 of these things into your everyday (key word: Every) life, and you’ll be on the road to healthier:
- Exercise. – 20-30 minutes a day, five days a week is plenty! (try Beachbody!)
- Drink more water.
- Get better sleep! Whether it’s a new mattress, CBD oil, Exercise, a new pillow or some other healthy tool that helps you sleep, sleep is needed for energy and healing.
- Don’t smoke. I don’t have to tell you why. Millions of people have quit, you can too. Reach out for help if you need it. Don’t know where to turn? TRY THIS!
- Drink less alcohol.
- Eat 1/2 portions. If you aren’t already watching your portion sizes, try cutting them in half. 1/2 the calories could mean 1/2 the waistline, 1/2 the stress on your body, 1/2 the back pain, 1/2 the cost of food!
- Reduce inflammation. Consume anti-inflammatory foods and supplements and avoid inflammatory comestibles like red meat.
- Vegetarian Diet. More and more veg and vegan restaurants are changing the face of fine, accessible plant-based provisions. Everyone knows it’s the right thing to do, it’s just hard, so they don’t do it. But trends in food are making it a whole lot easier.
- Play more. Playing with your kids, grandkids or friends adds exercise/movement and joy to your life, and science has shown that happiness heals!
- Have more sex. (Need even more reasons? READ THIS.)
All of these ten healthy thoughts, when turned into action, really make a difference in your overall health and well being. Many of them are free or the same price as what you are doing currently. Drinking less and not smoking actually save you money. Not just on products, but on medical bills and cancer treatment too.
The right Portland Chiropractor will be your doctor that helps you promote health and move toward greatness. This is in stark contrast to other providers whose focus is wholly on diagnosing and treating disease. Dr. Lou Jacobs has been a Portland, Maine Chiropractor for over 17 years.