Managing stress – Fall 2020
Most of us have never lived through a time like this.
Fall 2020 stands to be one of the most stressful autumn seasons in 19 years.
Between elections, COVID-19, social isolation, cold weather, dark skies and the threat of snow, power outages, homeschooling, food insecurity, and working from home, the outlook for the rest of 2020 is creating a lot of anxiety. Depression is affecting many, as are feelings of helplessness and loneliness.
One way to manage stress potential is by planning what you can, and not worrying about things you can’t control.
Below are some things you can control, that will keep you safer if COVID-19 gets a whole lot worse.
- Take Vitamin D. According to Michael Hollick, MD, Ph.D. of Boston University, Vitamin D can decrease your risk of contracting COVID-19 by 54%.
- Take Formula 303. Formula 303 is a valerian root, passionflower, and magnesium supplement that reduces stress, reduces muscle tension, and improves sleep.
- Get more Sleep. Too little sleep will leave you tired, irritable, and more vulnerable to stress and illness.
- Exercise. Exercise reduces stress and strengthens you for a bad season of “bugs.” Exercise also helps sleep and reduces weight, a risk factor for COVID-19.
- Quit smoking. Smoking weakens your heart and lungs, a risk factor for COVID-19 morbidity and mortality.
- CBD. CBD will help your sleep, your mind, and your body. For top-shelf Maine Made products from Pot & Pan kitchen, ask our office where to find their very effective CBD.
- Sex. Sex will help you to physically and mentally relax. It will bring you closer to your partner and should prevent you from getting bored if we are forced to stay home.
- Find a distracting new hobby. Something to keep you busy, entertained, and excited about the world.
- VOTE. Your vote matters. Your vote will help determine future policies and opportunities. If you don’t think voting matters, remember that if you are an adult reading this, you may have seen half a dozen presidents at this point, and some of the policies that your vote helped achieve or fought to stop. The type of leadership that YOU are looking for would make your life a whole lot less stressful, no?
- Create a health team of professionals who take care of you during the winter months.
We Mainers have a long winter ahead, but it doesn’t have to be quite the mess we think it will be. Keep your head up and on your shoulders. Take action steps to stay healthy and confident. The more you do to be healthy, magically, the less frightened you will be of health problems. Seek help if needed. There are affordable healthcare professionals who can help you create a strategy, stick to the plan, and launch yourself into the new year strong, healthy, and ready for most anything.